Web uncane.blogspot.com
babibubebo.com

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Hospital Fun

Right now my boys school is taking exams which means they come to school for the 1st half of the day, take some exams and then go back home. since i do not have any classes and have already graded the tests that i made this pretty much leaves me with nothing to do. I mean sure I could plan more lessons but who wants to do that for 7 hours.... so i decided i would do something productive and try to get a flu shot.

after getting some help trying to find a place that had some left, I finally found one about a 10 minute walk from my high school. I went by myself so I a little worried about how things would go down; however, not only did it go smoothly with no problems I got to play some games!

First I had to sign in and fill out some forms that were all in Japanese. my Japanese is getting better but I still h ave a ways to go and I know almost NO scientific or health related vocab (besides stuff like headache, fever, having a cold etc.) So here I got to play charades with the nurses as they were asking about my family and my medical history. then they sent me to another room where i waited for a bit, got my temperature taken and then sent to another room. here a doctor checked my throat, lungs and then played a little pictionary as I was trying to describe to him where I was from in the US. After he got the right answer, he sent me to another room where i waited...Finally, i got my flu shot and then played charades again with the nurse as she was telling me what i could do (take a bath) and could not do (drink alcohol), and to come back if (i get a fever, or get a rash, or get violently ill and feel like i am about to die--i think that was the last one she was acting out).

anyway, it was a success on all levels: got my shot, some time away from sitting at my desk doing nothing, and played games.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's your arm? I hope it is better.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Evan said...

well it was swollen and very hot for a couple of days, but now it only itches a little. almost back to normal.

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home