Web uncane.blogspot.com
babibubebo.com

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Awesome weekend part I

Ok so besides all the good sports stuff this weekend, there were other things that made for an excellent weekend. For starters, I had a 4 day weekend bc of holidays. So I decided to go to Mt. Fuji/Tokyo.

Going to Mt. Fuji (or Fujisan as we say in Japanese) was really cool. It was too cold to actually climb Japan's tallest mountain (the climbing season ends in Aug) but the surrounding area is beautiful.

I went at a great time since it is fall and all the leaves are changing colors. The weather wasn't great and it was a little cloudy, but I guess that is just the theme of my traveling in Japan for this year...hopefully it will change in 2006 :-). Also, I guess it doesn't help that I keep going up into the mountains which are cloud prone. Anyway, here is Fujisan:



And here is one of the 5 (famous) lakes in the area:



Also I got a chance to go back to this really cool kimono museum that is great not only bc of the beautiful and unique kimonos but whoever designed this place did a wonderful job with the building and even better with the landscaping. check out the pics:





As always...more photos here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home