Web uncane.blogspot.com
babibubebo.com

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Hokkaido: Hakodate

Next it was off to Hakodate, the 3rd largest city in Hokkaido. It is at the southern tip of Japan’s largest island, about 3 hours by train from Sapporo. Hakodate is most famous for the spectacular nightview it has to offer of the city and Tsugaru Strait from Mount Hakodate (334 meters). I was there for two days but only one night and my luck with weather had yet to change, so at night it was too cloudy to see anything from the mountain, above is the view during the day time when it was still a little cloudy and below is the ropeway I took to get to the top.

Besides the view it is also famous for some old western style buildings. To me they are not that interesting because, well, I am from the west, but maybe you are more interested in them than I am. I was told before I went that sometimes Hakodate feels a little like a ghost town and while I wouldn’t go as far to agree with that, I can understand why one might get that impression as there didn’t seem to be much going on when I was there. Also if you are a fan of seafood, Hakodate’s Morning Market is a great place to enjoy fresh fish and seafood in the morning. Below are some of the western style buildings.

Check out all of them here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home